Sora was almost into the bedroom when they entered the camper van together...
Riku caught Sora's eye just as he closed the bedroom door...
The pain in his eyes was like nothing he'd ever seen before...
The silver haired teen got the keys off Marluxia and settled into the drivers seat.
"Everyone here and ready to go?"
Zexion looked around to see if everyone was there.
"Has anyone seen Sora?"
Roxas nodded.
"Yeah he's gone into the bedroom, he probably just needs a nap..."
Zexion looked confused.
"Didn't he just wake up like a couple of hours ago?"
The blonde teen nodded.
"Yup... Sora needs a hell of a lot of sleep..."
"Alrighty... Everyone's here then... Let's go..."
With that he climbed into the front seat next to Riku who looked unsettled as he turned the key in the ignition looking around he noticed no one was paying them any attention he hushed his voice and asked.
"What's wrong?"
The silver haired teen looked unsettled and sighed.
"He knows..."
Zexion paled.
"Who knows?"
Without taking his eyes off the road he answered.
"Sora..."
Zexion's eyes widened.
"How?"
Riku shook his head.
"No idea but he's in the bedroom on his own and I caught his eye just as he was closing the door... I've never seen him look so... Hurt."
Zexion shifted in his seat so that he was looking over at Riku.
"I don't suppose it'd to any good if I tried to talk to him?"
"I wouldn't if I were you... Knowing Sora he's blaming you right now instead of me..."
The blue haired teen cocked his head.
"But... You guys weren't dating... Right?"
"No we weren't... But I'm not so sure he knew that... Nothing was official..."
"So nothing happened between you two?"
Riku sighed.
"Well we..."
He lowered his voice to a barely audible whisper.
"The night Kairi and Roxas... Got together... So did me and Sora..."
"Oh... I see..."
Riku looked over at Zexion.
"It was a mistake... My desire overtook my sense of reason and he used me to get back at Kairi anyway... He told me as much afterwards..."
Zexion cocked his head to the side.
"Really? He doesn't seem like the type who would throw something like that up after having sex with someone..."
His face suddenly darkened in realisation.
"I know something about people like that... And he isn't that kind of person..."
The silver haired teen nodded.
"He doesn't seem like that kind of person... But he still did the same amount of damage... If I could change that night I would... And not because he hurt me... I just wish it hadn't happened at all... It was a mistake and now we've hurt each other and theres nothing I can do about it... I've known him years and I wish he didn't have to get hurt as a result of what I thought I wanted..."
Zexion nodded feeling reflective...
"I knew you liked him... But I didn't know you guys..."
Riku shrugged.
"No one knew... Except Axel... And that's because Sora told him..."
Zexion sighed.
"This makes things difficult..."
Riku snorted.
"As if things weren't difficult already?"
Zexion caught Riku's gaze for a moment.
"I mean your ex is in here... We were both involved with Axel and I fucked my best friend... And then theres everything else thats going on in here... How could thid be anymore difficult?"
The blue haired teen laughed.
"You know you're right..."
Riku sighed.
"The way I see it is... Well... If we want this to happen... It's going to be difficult... We're gonna have to deal with these situations and people eventually... So... I mean it'll just get easier from here right?"
Zexion's cheeks flushed a slight red.
"Are you..."
He cleared his throat and tried to hide the smile on his face.
"Are you... Asking me out?"
The last word came out as a squeak.
The silver haired teen laughed nervously.
"Uhm... Yeah... I guess I am..."
Zexion let the smile break out over his facial features.
"I'd love to be your boyfriend."
Riku's cheeks were beetroot as Zexion leaned across the front seat and kissed him gently on his cheek, much to the surprise of everyone in view.
Demyx looked over with satisfaction as Zexion laid his head on Riku's shoulder.
/I guess that sorts out that problem.../
Marluxia sighed and picked up a magazine.
/I guess theres no other reason for me to be here now... Maybe I'll just head home.../
Axel looked over as Demyx snuggled into him and felt something pull in his gut.
/He could use me... Abuse me... Fuck me... Treat me like shit then get dumped by his own boyfriend only to get stuck into the guy I was connecting with.../
His eyes caught on with the blue of Demyx's and he couldn't help but smile...
/Fuck them... They deserve each other.../
Sora sat alone in the bedroom crying softly.
His mind flashed back to the night they had sex.
He remembered it feeling so good...
So right...
Nothing like how it felt with Kairi...
But then the panic and upset of the night too...
How worried and angry Riku had been that he'd told Axel...
He remembered how Riku had held him so close and yet gently like he would break...
It seemed like he'd never let him go...
Now it seemed Riku couldn't stand the sight of him...
That his very presence irritated him...
Tears fell down the teens face as he thought about it.
His gut had been right...
And now it was too late...
Anything that they'd had going on was as good as lost...
A light knock came to the door shaking Sora out of his thoughts.
He pulled his wrist across his face to get rid of the tears as the door opened and closed softly.
Roxas walked over to the bed and sat down beside Sora.
"Let me start by saying you look like shit..."
The brunette laughed despite himself and sniffled.
"You always know just what to say to make me feel better huh?"
Roxas shook his head.
"I hate to be the bringer of bad news..."
Sora sighed.
"It's okay I saw them on their way in..."
The blonde teen bit his lip thoughtfully.
"Uhm... Well I overheard something and apparently it's gotten worse..."
Sora's blue eyes were opened wide.
"How could it possibly be any worse?"
Roxas sighed.
"Well now they're official..."
Tears welled up in Sora's eyes...
"Oh... Okay... Well... I guess that's just tough for me then huh..."
His words were steady but Roxas could hear sobs building up in the brunettes chest.
"Come here..."
He opened out his arms and closed them tightly around the sobbing Sora and rocked him gently.
"You'll be okay Sora... I know it hurts now... But... Things will get better..."
Guilt racked through Roxas' veins as he held his best friend who's ex girlfriend he just couldn't stop thinking about.
He inhaled and sighed deeply.
/I can't do this to him... Even if I do have feelings for her... He's in such a bad way.../
His forehead crinkled up in frustration as he pondered his situation.
Namine peeked around the doorframe at the two teens.
"Hey... Are you okay?"
Sora hid his face and Roxas motioned for her to leave and with that she pulled a face and left closing the door behind her.
"You'll be okay..."
/I hope.../
Namine took her seat back out in the main part of the campervan with everyone else...
"Is Sora okay?"
Namine glanced up from her phone.
"Huh?"
Without lifting his head from the magazine he was pretending to read Marluxia repeated the question.
"Is Sora okay?"
Namine sighed.
"Well he's in there sobbing his little heart out so no... He's not okay..."
Marluxia nodded.
/I know exactly how he feels.../
/Okay... So all I have to do is leave... I dont even have to tell anyone... I just have to go... Namine will know whats happened... Sora won't be concerned... I have enough money to get back home without having to ask anyone or arouse any suspicion.../
She had already packed her suitcase without anyone noticing.
The minute they stopped near civilisation again she was outta here...
/I'll take an early morning bus, train, plane whatever... That way I can go when everyones sleeping... And by the time they wake up they won't know where I am and they won't be able to follow me... Hopefully.../
She sighed glancing out the window then up at the front seat where Riku and Zexion were still sitting close together.
/Psssh... So it looks like no matter who I chose when I was younger I would've wound up in this situation eventually.../
She couldn't help but inwardly laugh at how bad the situation had gotten...
/Losing my virginity to a gay man, mistaken identity fuck, pregnancy scare, attempted suicide, gay guys screwing around everywhere and Axel picking up and hooking up with a stranger... You'd want to be crazy to want to stay here.../
"Guy's we're coming up to a town now... How about we stop for a bit? I'm beat and pretty hungry how about we all go get something to eat?"
Namine spoke up first.
"Riku no disrespect, but do you really expect us all to just forget everything thats happened and settle down and have a nice meal together? Not fucking likely..."
Kairi snorted.
"I can't believe I'm saying this but for once blondies right..."
"What do you mean 'for once'?"
"Exactly what I said... Would you like me to repeat it for you? Perhaps it is true what they say about blondes..."
Demyx looked up.
"Hey! Call her what you want but leave blondes outta it..."
"Call me what she wants? Demyx if you have something to say, just say it!"
Axel stood up.
"Hey! Back off! Leave Demyx outta your stupid little cat fight!"
"Stupid little cat fight? Eh this bitch slept with my boyfriend!"
Kairi stepped forward and her face was inches from Namine's.
"That was a mistake, I couldn't help that I couldn't see him and that I believed it was Sora... Now if you are so jealous of me that you can't get over that then I feel really sorry for you..."
The caravan fell silent and Kairi sat down again.
Demyx and Axel sat back down where they had been shocked and silenced by what Kairi had just said...
Marluxia just stared.
Namine's mouth opened and closed and opened again...
She wanted to talk to say something anything...
But Kairi was right...
She was jealous of her...
And so she simply sat down and said nothing...
Riku simply took a breath inwards.
"Well regardless of what you guys wanna do with your time here I'm gonna go get some food and it's late... So I'm stopping..."
With that he braked and pulled into a parking space in the town.
"Right... I'm going... And I'm taking the keys too... Anyone who wants to come and NOT argue is more than welcome."
Namine took a breath in.
"Yeah as if I don't have better things to be doing than watching you and Zexion suck face over dinner... I want to keep it in my stomach thank you very much..."
"Well at least I HAVE someones face to suck... Haven't seen much of you and Roxas doing that lately..."
Then Riku walked out closing the door after him but before he left he leaned back into the van's front seat.
"Sorry Marluxia..."
The pink haired man just shrugged and continued reading.
/At least he had the decency to apologise.../
Namine thought about what Riku had said...
/He's right... Roxas hasn't kissed me since... The hospital.../
The reality of this hit her like a tonne of bricks.
/What's going on?/
Slowly she stood up and went into the bedroom...
She noticed Sora asleep on Roxas lap...
He was stroking his hair softly...
Namine took in the scene and quietly closed the door after she entered.
"... Hi..."
Her voice was a whisper.
Roxas turned around slowly trying not to jostle Sora too much.
"Hi..."
She took a deep breath.
"I think we need to talk..."
Roxas nodded.
"Yes, I think so too..."
Namine sat softly down on the bed.
"I had something pointed out to me by Riku that I hadn't noticed..."
Roxas looked at Sora and spoke quietly.
"And what was that?"
She took a breath in an attempt to steady her voice.
"We haven't kissed since that hospital visit with Kairi..."
Roxas knew this all too well...
"I know..."
His words went through her like sharp knives.
"So... It was intentional..."
Roxas nodded slowly.
"But... Do I even want to know why?"
He took a deep breath.
"I just... I don't..."
He sighed...
"I don't want to hurt you but theres no easy way to say this..."
She looked him directly in the eyes.
"Then just say it..."
He turned his eyes to hers and just stared into her eyes for a moment.
"Namine... I don't love you anymore..."
The tears that were threatening to spill from her eyes did.
"I'm sorry..."
Namine took her face in her hands and cried...
He slowly put his hand on her back and rubbed slowly...
Until she moved away.
"I just need some time alone right now okay... So please..."
Roxas sighed and took his hand off her back.
"I really am sorry you know..."
With that he walked out of the bedroom and closed the door.
10 mins earlier:
/Okay while Namine Sora and Roxas are busy I'll take my chance.../
With that she picked up her suitcase and made her way out of the campervan.
"Hey... Where are you off to?"
Demyx was standing outside the camper van with two ice creams in his hands.
"I'm just going to do some laundry..."
The blonde teen cocked his head.
"You've worn all your clothes already!?"
Kairi forced a laugh.
"That's what girls are like dude three and four outfits a day you know?"
Demyx giggled and holding the two ice creams in one hand helped her out of the van with her suitcase.
"Thanks Demyx..."
He smiled at her and climbed into the van, then he jumped onto the sofa beside Axel who awoke with a start.
"Jesus... You scared the hell outta me!"
Demyx smiled and held out an ice cream for Axel.
"Look what I got you!"
The redhead smiled and took the ice cream from him.
"Awww thank you... Where did you get these?"
"Theres a little cafe just up the road they sell all sorts of stuff!"
Axel raised an eyebrow.
"Isn't it a little late for a cafe to be open?"
Demyx shrugged.
"Hey I'm not complaining..."
"Me neither..."
He gave Demyx a little squeeze with his free arm and started eating his ice cream.
Marluxia looked up from his magazine.
"Did anyone see where Kairi went?"
Demyx nodded enthuastically licking his ice cream.
"Yeah... She said she was gonna go do some laundry..."
"Alrighty..."
Just then Roxas walked out of the bedroom.
"I'm going on a walk..."
Marluxia looked up from his magazine.
"Want some company?"
"Sure..."
Roxas left the camper van in a hurry but before he could run off Marluxia walked in front of him.
"Roxas... Did something happen back there?"
The blonde teen nodded.
"Yeah... Basically I did what I had to do..."
Marluxia nodded.
"You broke up with Namine?"
Roxas nodded.
"I told her I don't love her anymore... And now she's back there crying... I feel awful..."
Marluxia considered this for a moment.
"If I told you I have my reasons to believe Kairi is preparing to leave..."
Roxas was wide eyed.
"She's gonna leave?"
"Possibly... Demyx bumped into her on her way out with a suitcase... She said she was going to do laundry... But I sincerely doubt thats true..."
The blonde teen nodded.
"I have to find her..."
Marluxia nodded.
"Very well... Do you have your phone?"
"Yeah..."
"Then we'll split up... You go up towards those shops and I'll check the launderette and the shops over there just in case she was telling the truth."
Marluxia smiled at Roxas.
"Don't worry we'll find her..."
Roxas smiled back at him.
"You have no idea how much I appreciate this..."
Marluxia waved his hand.
"Yeah yeah... We're wasting time go on!"
Roxas started running in the direction of the shops and Marluxia grinned to himself.
/I'm such a sucker for people in love.../
Roxas was looking into the shops and cafes that were still open and then running to the next one.
People were looking at him like he was crazy.
/I just have to find Kairi and then we'll just see how it goes... Right now just focus on finding her.../
Kairi was standing at the bus stop with her suitcase by her side.
/Okay... The bus is at 10:25... Ten minutes... I think I've given myself enough time without anyone getting alarmed.../
She looked up and down the road and pulled up her hood.
/In the morning I'll be home... I'll be in my house... I'll have my bed... My family around me and I can forget about this whole nightmare.../
Marluxia checked out the launderette...
He walked in and looked around the shiny chrome machines...
She definitely wasn't here...
With that Marluxia took out his phone and dialled Roxas number.
*Hello?*
*Hey it's Marly... Kairi isn't in the launderette...*
*Okay thanks Marluxia...*
*Good luck.*
With that he hung up and started to run up another street...
/I need to find her soon... She could already be gone... I have to try.../
Marluxia dialled Kairi's number into his phone...
It rang and rang...
Kairi checked the number and didn't answer...
She just pulled her hood closer in around her face...
/Five minutes... Come on... Don't let them find me... I just wanna go home.../
The phone rang out and Marluxia dialled Roxas number again.
*Hello?*
*I just called Kairi... She didn't answer... She can't be gone yet or she'd have answered...*
*Right... I've almost been everywhere... There's only one more place she could possibly be...*
*You're sure?*
*I ran it street by street... Trust me...*
*Good luck dude.*
*Thanks... See you soon.*
*See ya...*
Roxas ran down the final street she could be down as fast as he could.
"Kairi!"
She turned at the sound of her name and looked to see who was calling her.
/Roxas? What the hell?/
Spotting her suitcase and the hooded girl next to it he ran up to her and stopped next to her breathless.
"Kairi..."
She looked surprised.
"What... What are you doing here?"
"I should... Be... Asking... You... The same... Question..."
Kairi sighed.
"I... I just wanna go home Roxas... It just seems like the easiest thing to do... I mean this has been a nightmare for me so far... And I don't really wanna hang around to see what else goes wrong..."
Roxas nodded.
"I understand... But... I just need to let you know... I don't regret what happened between us..."
Kairi's mouth dropped open.
"What... What do you mean?"
"I just... I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since it happened... And I know Namine pressured you to take that pill... I just needed to tell you that..."
Kairi nodded slowly taking in what he'd just said as he caught his breath fully.
"Me and her... Broke up before I came here..."
The brunette's gaze caught Roxas'.
"You two broke up?"
Roxas nodded.
"After I saw how she treated you I just couldn't justify being with her any..."
"So you broke up with her over me?"
"No it's not like that..."
"Look Roxas... I have enough guilt and heartache on my shoulders without adding your relationship to the pile..."
Roxas' face dropped.
"I didn't come here to blame you Kairi... I came here to tell you that..."
"That you enjoyed fucking me... Yeah I got it..."
"No that's not it Kairi..."
The bus was coming up the road.
"Well my bus is here now so thanks... Now if you'll excuse me..."
"Kairi... I really like you... I care about you..."
She totally ignored him and put her hand out to stop the bus.
"I had a dream about you... You and me were together and you were holding our..."
Kairi turned to face him.
"Holding what?"
"... Our baby..."
Her face dropped and hardened again.
"Well Namine made sure she put an end to that..."
She wiped a tear from her eye and picked up her suitcase.
Roxas stood still as she moved towards the stopping bus.
"I think... I'm falling in love with you..."
She turned around and looked him in the eyes.
"Roxas... I... I don't know what to say..."
"Just tell me how you feel Kairi..."
"I'm not going to lie to you..."
His heart was beating like crazy.
"I'm still in love with Sora... And it's gonna take me a long time to get over that..."
Roxas nodded sadness filling his eyes and throat...
"But I'd like if you called me when you get home from this..."
He nodded looking up.
"So you're still going home?"
She nodded and kissing him on the cheek climbed the steps of the bus and paid the fare on.
"Thanks for waiting with me Roxas..."
He watched as she packed her suitcase onto the overhead shelf and took her seat by the window and with tears in his eyes waved to her as the bus pulled off.
Marluxia ran around the corner and saw the bus driving away and Roxas standing alone staring after it...
He ran up to Roxas and tried to catch his breath.
"What... Happened?"
Roxas wiped tears away from his eyes.
"I caught her on time... But she went anyway..."
Marluxia nodded.
"Did she say anything?"
"I told her that I think I'm falling in love with her... And she said she still loves Sora and that'd take a long time to get over but to call her when I get home... In other words she doesn't feel the same way I do..."
Marluxia shook his head.
"I wouldn't take it up that way... I would say shes giving herself time to get over what happened so that she can clear her head and make the right decision..."
Roxas looked Marluxia in the eye.
"How do you do that?"
"What?"
"You always manage to say something that makes me feel better... Even in a crappy situation like this you somehow improved my mood a little..."
Marluxia smiled and blushed a little.
"Practice? I dunno..."
Roxas smiled at him despite his mood.
"Hey you wanna go get something to eat?"
"Sure... How are you feeling?"
"Honestly? I feel like my heart just got ripped out and pissed on..."
Marluxia put his arm around Roxas and pulled him in a tight one armed hug, but Roxas stopped and hugged him full on...
Marluxia wrapped his arms around him tightly as Roxas cried into his shoulder.
"You're okay... You're gonna be fine..."
From a nearby restaurant window Zexion caught this moment and tapped Riku.
"Isn't that Roxas?"
Riku squinted out into the darkness.
"It is Roxas and he's hugging... Marluxia? I wonder whats going on there...?"
Zexion shrugged and started eating again.
"Wow... You're taking that well..."
Zexion shrugged ignoring the feeling in his gut...
"Well I'm with you now baby..."
Riku smiled over at Zexion and took his boyfriends hand across the table.
Outside Marluxia held Roxas who was beginning to calm down...
"Are you okay?"
Roxas shook his head and wiped his eyes with his sleeve.
"No but I'll be okay..."
Marluxia nodded and stopped hugging him but left his arm around his shoulder giving it a squeeze as they walked unaware out of Zexion's sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment