Saturday, 26 February 2011

Summer Fic Chapter 7

Namine walked into the bedroom leaving Axel with the couch to himself, slowly he lay back and closed his eyes thinking about what he was going to do.

/Its not like anyone would miss me anyway.../

He opened his eyes and took in the camper vans inhabitants trying to find a reason in any of them why he should stay...

And coming up with none he witnessed Marluxia and Zexion kissing, then smiled and closed his eyes.

Riku could make out Axel in the rear view mirror...

/Why is he so calm...?/

Zexion too noticed Axel's smiling and relaxed demeanor and wondered....


“So Riku where are we going?”

The silver haired man shrugged.

“No idea... I'm just driving like everyone else has been...”

The brunette nodded slowly searching for something to say...

His eye scanned Riku's face, he was focused on the road, his eyes looked strained as though he was witnessing something undesireable and unseen on the road ahead...

Sora made himself stare forward too...

So much needed to be said, but he knew all too well now was not the time.


All was quiet in the van...

A cold breeze was running through the clammy air that surrounded them.

Riku kept looking back at Axel through his rear view mirror.

/Hes calm... But why? Could it be that I don't want to see him happy? Do I want him to be torn up over me?/

His eyes watched as the red heads head slowy bobbed in time with his music.

/Maybe he is okay.../

His gaze took in Sora who was looking out through the windshield, the brunettes eyes caught Riku's his eyes were wide, confusion and hurt clouded his gaze...

The silver haired man smiled at him and Sora's blue eyes seemed to soften...

Axel opened his eyes in time to catch this little scene and felt hurt stir up in his heart.

His eyes caught Riku's as the silver haired man looked behind him...

Axel shut his against Riku's surprised gaze and made up his mind for certain.

/I'm doing the right thing... I'm only getting in the way.../


Namine sat alone in the bedroom considering what she should do...

/I love Roxas... I really do... But... He cheated.../

Sighing she let herself cry.

/He's such a bastard.../

The door creaked open slowly and in the doorway stood Roxas.

She wiped her eyes harshly

“What the fuck do you want?”

Roxas closed the door slowly behind him.

“I want to talk Namine...”

Namine stood up and went to walk out of the room.

“Please Namine... I want to explain this really... I love you...”

The blonde girl stopped, distracted by the last three words.

“If you loved me Roxas you wouldn't have slept with my best friend...”

Roxas shook his head.

“I thought I was sleeping with you...”

Namine shook her head.

“How...?”

Her body was facing away from him feeling sick that they had to talk about this again.

“We had arranged to meet here... When I found her there... It was dark...”

“Roxas... That is no excuse...”

“I know... I know... But Namine, she even feels and sounds like you... It's unbelievable... I was shocked when I saw you standing there because I was convinced I'd also see you lying in the bed beside me... And when it wasn't it broke my heart...”
Namine's hand left the door handle as tears fell down Roxas face.

“And how do you think I feel Roxas? I witnessed you in bed with my best friend... What state do you think my heart is in now...?”

“I didn't mean for it to happen...”

Namine looked Roxas in the eye.

“And as much as I want to believe that it was a mistake... I can't... It doesn't make everything better and back to normal anyway... Roxas... I want to go home...”

The blonde teen shook his head.

“Namine... We can work this out...”

His voice was breaking as he drew in breaths between sobs.

Namine wiped tears from her eyes and sighed.

“No Roxas... I don't know if we can...”

Her hand held the handle of the door for a moment...

“If you thought she was me... You didn't use anything did you?”

A sob escaped Roxas lips.

“No Namine... I'm sorry... I love you...”

She could feel her heart beating faster at the knowledge of this.

“I see...”

With that she left the bedroom and Roxas there crying.


Sora looked out through the windscreen...

“Looks like it's gonna rain Riku...”

The silver haired teen kept checking the rear view mirror to see what Axel was doing...

“Yeah... It sure does...”

The brunette watched Riku and noticed his gaze on the mirror every minute or so...

Sora's heart sank in his chest.

/He still likes him.../

The silver haired man noticed the change in Sora.

“What's wrong?”

The brunette climbed out of the front seat and made his way into the bedroom...

Roxas face shot up from his hands.

“Sora...”

The brunette took in Roxas with a feeling of awkwardness.

“What?”

“I...”

Sora knew what he was going to say...

He knew that Roxas didn't want to have to tell him...

Sora knew that he could save him from this horrible situation...

But Sora was also suffering...

/To hell with that.../

“You...?”

Tears ran down Roxas face.

“I... I slept with Kairi by accident...”

“By accident...?”

Roxas took in Sora's unsurprised look.

“Why aren't you...?”

“Surprised?”

Sora gritted his teeth in pretence anger.

“I already knew...”

Roxas face paled.

“How...?”

“I caught you at it...”

Roxas was wide eyed.

“Sora I am so sorry... I thought she was Namine...”

Sora was feeling worse and worse by the minute.

“I thought she was Namine because I'd arranged to meet her here and I love Namine and I'd never do that to you or Kairi either you guys are my best friends and...”

Guilt was weighing down hard on Sora.

“ENOUGH!”

Roxas stopped dead mid sentence.

“What... What's wrong?”

The brunette took a deep breath.

“I don't care...”

Roxas stood up.

“Oh don't give me that shit Sora I'm apologising to you... I know it doesn't fix everything... But I truly am sorry!”

Sora put his hand in front of Roxas face.

“No... It's not that I don't care about your apologies... It's that I don't care that you guys did what you did...”

Roxas looked at Sora unbelievingly.

“I'm serious Roxas... I was going to end it anyway...”

Roxas sighed.

“Please don't end it over this Sora... I just... It was a mistake... My mistake... You can hate me but please don't hate her...”

The brunette looked into Roxas eyes.

“Roxas it's not because of what you did or what she did...”

The blonde sat on the bed holding his head in his hands.

“I'm such an idiot... I've not only fucked my relationship up but yours too...”

“Roxas thats not...”

“I'm the worst friend that ever lived...”

“Roxas...”

“But please don't break up with Kairi over me!”

“I'm gay!”

Roxas eyes opened up wide.

“W... What?”

Sora looked into Roxas eyes.

“I'm gay.”

“Are you serious?”

Sora nodded sighing heavily.

Roxas shook his head in disbelief.

“Well... How... How do you know?”

Sora started to blush.

“Uhm...”

“I mean have you even kissed a guy?”

Sora nodded cheeks reddening.

Roxas eyes opened wide.

“Have you slept with a guy?”

Sora's cheeks were even redder now.

“Yes...”

The blonde was standing up now.

“Did you cheat on Kairi?”

Sora looked at his shoes.

“Not exactly...”

“What do you mean not exactly...”

“I didn't even imagine that what happened would happen...”

Roxas sighed.

“When?”

Sora shook his head.

“I can't tell you that...”

Roxas eyes narrowed.

“When did you do it and who was it anyway?”

The brunette shook his head.

“I can't tell you... It'll just be too much trouble...”

Roxas thought for a moment.

“During this trip?”

Sora blushed shook his head.

“I told you I can't tell you now accept that... I have to tell Kairi I'm gay.”

Roxas shook his head.

“You can't tell her Sora...”

“I'm telling her Roxas... You know I thought you'd be more supportive of me! Do you know how fucking hard this is?”

Roxas sighed.

“Dude... Kairi might be pregnant...”

“That's ridiculious I use...”

He froze... Then his face suddenly hardened.

“And you expect ME to suppress my fucking sexuality and take responsibility for YOUR mistake?!”

Roxas shook his head.

“No no... I mean just don't leave her until we get this figured out...”

“Fuck you Roxas... This is your and her mess and I'll be damned if I put myself out for you after you sleeping with my girlfriend, I have no sympathy for either of you!”

With that Sora went to the door and called Kairi in.

The girl walked in, tears still streaming down ger face.

“What... What is it Sora...?”

Sora closed the door in the faces of Marluxia and Zexion who seemed curious...

Riku watched in the rear view mirror as Sora closed the door again.

“Right...”

Kairi sat on the bed unable to make eye contact with either of them.

Sora took a deep breath.

“Okay Kairi Roxas I know you guys slept together...”

Kairi looked over at Roxas in disbelief.

“You told him!”

Roxas shook his head.

“He knew all along, he saw us... He knew before WE did.”

Kairi sighed and nodded her head.

“Sora I'm sorry...”

The brunette shook his head.

“No... I'm sorry.”

Kairi looked up confused.

“Why are you sorry? I accidentially slept with him thinking it was you...”

Sora took a deep breath.

“Kairi I'm sorry because I'm breaking up with you...”

The auburn haired girl looked shocked.

“W...What? It was a mistake Sora... I... I love you...”

Sora sighed.

“Trust me when I say it's nothing to do with you... It's all me...”

Kairi stood up.

“What... What are you talking about?”

She moved closer to Sora.

“We can talk about it Sora... We can work it out... I love you... Please don't give up on us...”

The brunette sighed.

“That's the problem Kairi... There can't be an us anymore... Man theres no easy way of saying this...”

Kairi moved even closer to Sora.

“What? What are you trying to tell me...?”

Roxas was looking at Sora wide eyed.

“Kairi... I'm... I'm gay...”

Kairi took a few steps back and laughed nervously.

“Is this some kind of joke Sora? This isn't funny...”

“This is no joke Kairi... I'm gay... That's why we can't be together...”

“But me and Roxas were an accident...”

Sora shook his head.

“You're not listening to me Kairi... I'M GAY.”

The auburn haired girl backed up and sat down on the bed.

“But we only just...”

“I know...”

“So did you lie to me about me being your first...?”

Sora solemnly shook his head.

“No... You were my first... Ever.”

Roxas mouth was open wide.

“So... You... You cheated on me...?”

The brunettes face got hard and he paused momentarily as if considering what to say next...

“Well... Not before you were cheating on me...”

Kairi's face dropped.

“It... Happened...”

Roxas took a deep breath.

“It happened last night?”

Sora nodded not looking at either of them.

“So...”

Kairi took a deep breath.

“So you did it with Axel?”

Sora shook his head.

“No I didn't do it with Axel...”

Roxas paled.

“Marluxia and or Zexion?”

“No...”

“Well it wasn't with me...”

Realisation hit Roxas like a tonne of bricks.

Kairi gasped with realisation.

Her voice was a barely audible whisper.

“R... Riku?”

Sora nodded slowly.

Kairi sobbed deeply.

“My boyfriend and one of my best friends...? How could you!”

“I didn't plan for it to happen Kairi... And I didn't plan to tell you like this...”

“Well you did anyway didn't you...”

“You slept with my best friend Kairi... So don't you dare pander to me about being morally fucking correct okay? This whole situation is fucked... Fact of the matter being I'm gay, you could be pregnant so Roxas tells me and it's not mine... Who in their right mind would stay with someone in this situation gay or not... No one Kairi! No one would!”

Kairi sobbed deeply looking from Sora to Roxas in total dismay.

“Well what the fuck am I supposed to do huh? Unless I get that pill within 72 hours it's up to fucking fate and I cannot deal with raising a child alone... Let alone the child of a drunken mistaken fuck!”

Roxas moved close to her.

“I told you it'll be okay... We'll get to a hospital we'll get you that pill and we'll all be okay...”

Kairi pushed him away.

“But what if it's not okay? What if the pill doesn't work huh? Then what? Is anyone else gonna take responsibility for this?”

Roxas fell silent and Sora shook his head slowly.

“I'm sorry Kairi... But it's his child and although I do love you, I refuse to take responsibility for someone elses mistake... Even if I wasn't gay this would be how it would have to be... And I just... I don't trust you anymore...”

The brunette turned to leave the room when Kairi caught his wrist.

“Please Sora... We don't have to tell anyone... We don't have to even have sex or touch... You can see Riku too! Just please don't leave me...”

Sora looked into her eyes and shook his head.

“I'm sorry...”

With that he closed the door behind him...

Kairi sank to the floor and sobbed.

Roxas was sitting on the bed completely blank.


Sora went to the front seat and hopped back in beside Riku, who immediately noticed his tenseness.

“What's up Sora?”

The brunette took a deep breath.

“I told Kairi what happened...”

Riku's heart rate quickened.

“As in what exactly...”

“As in... What happened last night... With us...”

“What!?”

Sora sighed quietly.

“Riku... I like you... A lot...”

The silver haired teen sighed.

“You only like me because she cheated on you... I gave you what you needed at the time it's nothing more than that...”

Sora shook his head.

“It's not like that at all... I've been thinking about you non stop since we kissed... I didn't want to be gay so Kairi and I went to the beach so I could prove to myself that I'm not gay... It didn't work... I was thinking about you throughout it... I tried my best to keep you out of my mind... But you kept coming back our kiss just kept pushing itself back in there... It's been haunting me... Then last night... All the pieces just fell into place and it felt... Well it felt right...”

Riku's eyes were on the road.

“Sora... Last night was a mistake... I never intended for it to happen...”

“I know that... But it just felt right... Surely something that feels so right can't be wrong can it?”

Riku shook his head.

“Sora... I don't know what you were feeling last night... But it was felt by you alone...”

The brunette looked at Riku's focused gaze.

“You can't be serious...”

“I am serious... I don't know whats going on with my life right now... I don't know what I want...”

Sora shook his head.

“But I thought you liked me... Loved me even...”

Riku sighed.

“Sora... Things are... Difficult right now... Can we talk about this later in private?”

Sora nodded slowly.

“Okay...”


Namine watched Riku and Sora's conversation with curiousity and noticed with anger that Kairi and Roxas were in the bedroom alone together.

She got up from where she was sitting with Axel and made her way into the bedroom.

“Oh hi... Hope I'm not interrupting anything...”

Kairi shook her head solemnly.

“Sora broke up with me...”

Namine looked at her without pity.

“Good for him... At least he knows not to let himself get messed around by you...”

Roxas looked at Namine with hurt in his eyes.

“Kairi... Could you leave me and Namine alone for a minute?”

The auburn girl didn't say a word, she simply got up and left the room.

“Namine...”

She took a deep breath all anger leaving her as soon as Kairi left the room.

“Roxas... I'm hurt and annoyed, I can't deny that... But I can see after thinking about it how it could've easily happened...”

“I'm glad...”

“But... I still don't know if I can trust you Roxas...”

The blonde teen put his head in his hands.

“It's not that I don't want to believe you... And to some degree I do believe you... But I cannot get the thought of you and her together in that way out of my head... And even if it was an accident... I don't know if I can get over it...”

“Namine... Please... I promise you... I don't love her... I love you...”

Namine took a deep breath.

“Roxas... I know Kairi is not on the pill...”

The blonde boy stayed silent for a long time, Namine opened a window, a cool breeze washed away the stale air in the room.

“So it's true... You didn't even use anything because you really thought she was me... I guess thats both good and very very bad...”

Namine sat down on the bed next to Roxas.

“Question now is what do we do about this...”

Roxas' face lit up.

“So does this mean?”

Namine looked grim.

“I'm not sure Roxas... I just don't know... I need to give this time and thought... I'm not ready to just leave it be yet...”

Roxas nodded and kissed her gently on the cheek.

“I'm sorry...”

Namine nodded and left the bedroom.


Riku stretched out and pulled the van over.

“Okay guys... That's as far as I'm going... I'm absolutely shattered...”

There was general movement around the van.

Sora stirred.

“What time is it anyway?”

Riku checked his phone absent mindedly.

“Nine pm... Wow we were driving for ages...”

Sora nodded again checking out where they were...

“Hey... Theres a town just down this hill...”

Riku nodded.

“I figured maybe it'd be a good idea if everyone had somewhere else to hang out rather than in here...”

The brunette sighed looking back at the inhabitants of the camper van.

“Good call...”


Axel opened his eyes when he heard the door of the camper van open, without taking his headphones off he got up and walked outside...

Riku's worried gaze followed him.

He watched him as he walked down the hill towards the town.

Sora's gaze followed Riku's...

/What's the big deal?/

Seeing Sora's obvious annoyance he climbed out of the drivers seat.

“Okay... Let's head into town and get something to eat or something shall we?”

The brunette teen nodded unsure of if he wanted to have this talk or not...


“Zexion... I want to talk to you about something...”

“What is it babe?”

“Do you want to go for a walk or something...?”

Zexion tried to read what was on Marluxia's mind through the look on his face, but he was blank...

“Uhm... Sure okay...”

They stepped outside the camper van and started to walk towards the town.

/How can I say this without outright accusing him...?/

“What's up Marly?”

He looked into his lovers grey blue eyes and sighed.

“I'm just...”

Zexion's head cocked to the side in curiousity.

“What...? What's wrong?”

Marluxia took a deep breath.

“Theres no nice way of putting this Zexion...”

Fear rooted itself deep into Zexion's chest.

“I want to know if theres anything going on between you and Axel...”

Zexion stopped dead in his tracks.

“What?! No Marly... You know I love you...”

Marluxia's face hardened.

“Yes I know you say you love me... But I have more than suspicions to make me believe theres more between you than what you claim...”

Zexion laughed.

“Babe there is nothing between me and Axel...”

Marluxia's gaze took in the ground as he put one foot in front of the other walking towards the town.

“I... I don't know if I believe you...”

Zexion stopped dead.

“What has you so suspicious?”

Marluxia made eye contact with Zexion.

“The way you look at him, the way you've been gone when he has and then finally the way you show complete disregard for him when something bad happens to him... It's like you're trying too hard to disguise feelings that you both know are there...”

Zexion laughed humourlessly.

“Okay... So because I helped Riku look for him and get pissed off when he has his episodes you think I like him? Are you aware of how little sense that makes? I don't look at him any differently than I look at anyone else here...”

Marluxia shook his head.

“You don't get pissed off when he has episodes... You totally lack regard for him... Like he's dirt... Or something you've just used and thrown away...”

The pink haired man caught Zexion's gaze.

“I'm right aren't I?”

The blue haired teen shook his head.

“No... You're wrong... I don't want or like Axel I love you!”

Marluxia sighed.

“You've taken me for a fool Zexion... And I'm heartbroken... You don't need to confirm what you have or haven't done with him... It's written all over your face... In your actions and wandering gaze...”

Tears ran down Zexion's face.

“It's not true!”

Marluxia wiped away tears from Zexion's eyes.

“Then why are you crying?”

Rain started to fall gently from the sky and land on the gravel around them...

“I... I don't want to lose you...”

Marluxia shook his head tears starting to form in his own eyes.

“How long Zexion...”

“But I love you...”

“How long?”

“...”

“Please Zexion...”

“Shortly after we started the trip...”

Marluxia nodded sighing.

“You know that I love you...”

“And I love you too!”

“But I can't be with you if I can't trust you Zexion...”

Zexion nodded as Marluxia gently kissed his forehead and kept walking towards town leaving him behind.

The rain came down heavier as Marluxia walked out of sight...

/What have I done...?/


Axel strolled into a bar and sat up at the counter.

“A Jack Daniels please...”

The bar man gave him a long look then prepared his drink.

“Here you are...”

“Thanks...”

He handed over the money and started to drown his sorrows when someone burst in through the door.

“Oh wow! It's absolutely lashing rain out there!”

The blonde caught the eye of his boss at the counter.

“Ehm... I'm so sorry I'm late!”

The dark haired man standing behind the door simply shook his head and continued polishing glasses.

The blonde put his wet coat away and got to work...

As he emptied the dishwasher of glasses behind the bar Axel couldn't help but notice how great his ass looked in the skinny jeans he was wearing.

/Axel... Cut it the fuck out... You know you're here to drink yourself up some courage.../

With one swift motion he downed his Jack Daniels.

Before he knew what was what, the blonde bar boy was in front of him.

“Hi... I'm Demyx I'll be your barman this evening can I get you another drink?”

Axel stared into his blue eyes for one second too long then looked down at his empty glass.

“Yeah... Sure... Why not...”

Demyx grabbed a bottle and poured him another drink.

“You know alcohol doesn't solve lifes problems...”

The tall long black haired barman rolled his eyes at Demyx.

“What have I told you before Demyx?”

The blonde boy stopped dead in his tracks.

“Not to disturb the customers with my advice...?”

“Exactly...”

“Sorry Xaldin...”

“Get back to work...”

Axel gazed after the small blonde with curiosity...

/What a crazy guy.../


Riku and Sora came to stop outside a late night diner...

Riku held the door open and reluctantly Sora walked inside and sat down at a table near the door.

The silver haired teen sat across from him.

“Okay... What is going on?”

Sora looked him in the eyes.

“I already told you whats going on...”

Riku shifted awkwardly.

“Sora whats really going on?”

“I told you... I've been thinking about you... Since...”

Riku looked around...

The diner was more or less empty...

“Since what Sora...?”

The brunette looked around himself cautiously.

“Since our kiss...”

His voice was barely a whisper.

“You've been thinking about me since I kissed you?”

Sora flinched and looked around himself.

Riku lowered his voice.

“You're clearly not okay with this at all...”

The brunette sat up straight.

“What do you mean?”

Riku sighed.

“Everytime I mention something even vaguely gay you're looking around you... Making sure no ones listening...”

Sora sighed heavily.

“This might take some time for me Riku...”

The silver haired teen sighed.

“Do you want my honest opinion?”

Sora nodded gingerly as if agreeing with Riku too quickly would cause him some kind of dreadful pain.

“Sora... I think you might still love Kairi...”

The brunette went to interrupt but Riku stopped him.

“Hear me out... You enjoyed sex with her yes?”

Sora shook his head.

“No... I was kind of weirded out...”

He lowered his voice slightly.

“Did you enjoy sex with me?”

Sora's cheeks turned a light pink colour and he nodded.

“Hmmm... Would you enjoy sex with someone else besides me?”

Sora looked puzzled.

“I... I don't know...”

Riku sighed.

/This is a fucking mess... What I've always wanted... And a fucking mess.../


Kairi walked alone in the rain looking down at her stomach wondering...

/It's been over half a day... I have another 2 and a half... I may not be pregnant at all... Maybe theres nothing to worry about... My boyfriends gay and I may be pregnant with his best friends baby.../

She took a deep breath and kept walking.

/Theres nothing I can do until I get to a hospital.../

She stopped at a bridge and looked over at the rippling river below.

/I thought Sora loved me.../

She watched as raindrops hit the rippling water faster and faster as the rain got heavier...

/I have no one... I am on my own here... My boyfriends gay... My best friend hates me... Her boyfriend doesn't want to know... How come he gets away with it and yet my life is falling apart here... I can't tell my parents... They'd kill me.../

She leaned on the wall and let her tears join the neverending stream...


Marluxia walked fast wiping tears away from his eyes.

/I have to get out of here... I'll get my stuff back later but I need to get home somehow... I wonder how long he's been making me look like a fool... Riku knew... Obviously... It all makes sense... The looks... The comments.../

He sniffled loudly as he made his way down into the town.

/Keep it together... You'll figure this out Marluxia.../

His steps quickened as the rainfall got heavier...

The rain kindly fell down his cheeks disgusing his tears as the skies own...

/How many times did he do that on me... And how long was he going to lie about it.../

His stomach somersaulted thinking about it...

More tears escaped his eyes and blinded him as he ran trying to get as far away from Zexion as possible...

When he ran headlong into Kairi...

“Jesus... I'm sorry... Oh Kairi...”

He wiped his eyes quickly as did she.

“What are you doing here...? Shouldn't you be with Zexion?”

Marluxia's heart hurt as the name rang from her lips, he took a deep breath...

“No... We broke up.”

Kairi was wide eyed.

“What...? Why?”

“He was cheating on me...”

Kairi sighed.

“I know how that feels...”

“Huh?”

Kairi wiped away tears from her eyes.

“Yeah... It's a long story... Hey... How about we get out of this rain and I'll tell you all about it?”

Marluxia smiled with no happiness.

“Yeah... I'd like that...”


Zexion strolled down the road alone back towards the camper van...

He hadn't been alone for as long as he could remember...

Every memory he had seemed to involve Marluxia...

Tears ran down his face as he realised his utter isolation...

Axel hated him, Riku followed suite, Marluxia didn't seem to hate him...

But what did that matter?

They would never be the same again...

/I'll never again feel what it's like to fall asleep next to him... And all because I was too stupid and greedy to be happy with what I had.../

He looked up and down the road...

Nothing...

No one...

Clear roads and a village somewhere in the distance...

/Marluxia's down there somewhere... I just wish I could undo what I did to hurt him... Fucking Axel.../

Anger seemed to grow in him and a smile overtook where anger had contorted his features.


“So what's your name anyway?”

Axel looked up from his eight drink of Jack Daniels.

“Huh? Hey aren't you not supposed to be...”

The blonde giggled.

“Xaldin's gone for a cigarette... So what's your name?”

The redhead sighed.

“Axel... You?”

“Demyx remember? Your barman for this dreary rainy evening...”

“Mmmhm...”

Axel nodded taking a sip of his drink.

“What's wrong?”

The redhead backed up slightly...

“Uhm... Personal space for one...”

“Oooh sorry...”

Demyx backed up a little.

“Anyways... Why do you assume theres something wrong with me?”

Axel picked up his drink to take another sip when Demyx was right up in his face again.

“You can FEEL it off you... Your auras all WRONG!”

Axel dropped his drink at the sudden volume in Demyx's voice.

“Ooopsies! Let me just get you a new drink and I'll clean that up!”

Axel started to get down off the barstool.

“Uh no that's cool... I'm just gonna go...”

Demyx looked at him with saddened eyes.

“Oh no! I've ruined your night even more! Please don't go!”

Axel smiled and backed towards the exit...

“Please don't go! Uhm... I still have to replace your drink!”

“Heh yeah no I'm cool thanks...”

Demyx was panicked now.

“Uhm... How about free drinks for the night?”

The red head's ears perked up at this.

“Free booze?”

Demyx nodded tantalizingly.

“And all you gotta do is sit back down at the bar...”

Axel walked towards the bar and stopped.

“Wait... Whats the catch?”

Demyx was looking behind himself desperately.

“No catch free booze sit down!”

Axel could see Xaldin approach from the back and Demyx close to tears.

“I'll lose my job if I chase away one more customer!”

Axel didn't move at all.

“What the hell do I have to do to get you to sit down? Fuck you?”

Axel was back in his seat casually sipping his drink in front of Demyx before he could blink.

Demyx shot him a look and looked innocently around at Xaldin.

Axel leaned on the bar slightly drunken and suggestive.

“Sooo...”

“Not if your life depended on it...”

Axel slouched on the bar stool looking depressed.

“What is with my shitty love life lately...”

The blonde turned back to Axel.

“Should've known...”

The redhead swung around on the bar stool.

“What do you mean 'should've known' do you get many depressed love deprived drunks in here?”

Demyx shook his head and checked around for Xaldin.

“I know that look when I see it...”

Axel looked into Demyx's eyes innocently and leaned over the bar.

“What look?”

The blonde looked directly into his eyes and Axel closed the gap between them capturing Demyx's lips by surprise.

Demyx stiffened up with surprise as Axel's tongue explored mercilessly...

The blonde teen relaxed into the kiss, his stomach was fluttering pleasantly...

He'd never kissed a guy before...

He'd never kissed anyone before...

Then his first kiss was cut short when Axel was dragged off him by Xaldin.

“Right you've had enough... Get out...”

The black haired man pushed him out into the street and Axel fell right on his ass, Demyx stood at the door speechless as Xaldin walked back inside...

The redhead stood up slowly, hugged Demyx and whispered.

“Thanks for my last kiss I had fun...”

With that he grinned at Demyx and walked away into the rainy night.

The blonde teen looked after him as he walked away.

/Last kiss...?/


Axel walked as quickly as he could through the rain...

Smiling to himself at what he now knew he could finally do...

He'd set himself a list to complete before he did it...

Ideally he wanted to get laid once more before...

Well... It...

But time was short...

It was getting late...

And Axel planned to be long gone by morning...

Impatient and beginning to feel afraid, he ran the final length to the camper van and opened the door...

He could hear Namine and Roxas chatting in the next room...

/Thats okay... I can go into the bathroom... They won't see me.../

But when he went to open the bathroom door... It was locked... Someone was using the shower...

His hands became clammy and shaky...

Recent events of Riku and Zexion shot through his head and a familiar heavy pain filled his heart...

His expression turned into a grimace as if seeing these people and thoughts in his minds eye was too much to physically bear.

/Zexion... Riku... Roxas... It's never gonna work out for me.../

Slowly he took the pills from his back pocket...

And filling up a large glass of water he put the pills down on the counter next to the sink and emptied them all out of their little blister packets...

With a sigh he picked up a small handful of pills and staring out onto the darkened rainy road threw them into his mouth and gulped back the water...

He gathered the last of them up on the counter and slid them off the edge into his hand...

As Axel turned and threw the last of the pills into his mouth Zexion unlocked the door of the bathroom and emerged in a towel...

His eyes took in Axel with hatred...

Then he saw the empty blister packets from the pills...

Axel dropped the glass with fright...

Zexion's eyes were wide as he took in Axel.

The redhead lost his balance and fell to the floor Zexion dived under him to stop him from hitting his head.

“Axel! No no no! You can't do this!”

The redhead simply lay there as Zexion tried to get his fingers into his mouth to make him vomit...

His jaw was clamped shut, Zexion would not ruin this on him...

Slowly over minutes that seemed like hours, his vision blurred and he started to feel sleepy...

“Fuck you Axel open your mouth! Don't fucking die on me!”

He kept his jaw clamped shut as Zexion tried holding his nose so he would have to open his mouth to breathe...

Axel opened his lips but kept his teeth clamped firmly shut...

The world was beginning to seem weird...

Blurry...

Perhaps even a little amusing...

“Axel... Please... I'm sorry for what I did to you! I know I'm the biggest asshole on earth! Just get sick! I don't want you to die! I'm sorry!”

Tears filled Zexion's eyes and Axel started to drift off to sleep...

When suddenly Zexion's voice and a few others became very clear...

Before he knew what was what...

He was throwing up into the toilet...

Zexion was crying over his shoulder and rubbing his back Roxas was on the phone talking fast and panicked and Namine was silent and pale...

Everything was clear again...

Roxas was talking into his phone...

“He's throwing up... I think he was drinking beforehand thank god...”

Axel found himself more alert than he'd even been in his life...

He threw up again into the toilet and took a deep breath...

Zexion was beside him genuinely looking relieved...

/He was crying? Hypocritical bastard.../

The redhead turned to Zexion when he paused throwing up for a moment...

He took a deep breath and looked Zexion straight in the eyes...

“Fuck you... You massive wanker!”

Before throwing up again.

Zexion smiled out at Roxas and Namine with tears in his eyes.

“He's okay...”

In a moment of unexpected affection Zexion wrapped his arms around Axel and whispered.

“You scared me... Really...”

Axel puked then tried to breathe...

“Take it off or I'll break it off...”

He just managed to choke out before throwing up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment