Saturday, 26 February 2011

Summer Fic Chapter 8

He was still throwing up when everyone arrived back at the camper van.

Riku stormed in with Sora in tow and grabbed him by the shoulder.

“What the hell Axel? What the fuck were you thinking?”

The redhead managed to shove his hand from his shoulder before throwing up again.

“Just piss off Riku...”

Zexion sighed.

“He's had a rough time... We should probably leave him be... But certainly not leave him alone...”

Riku shot Zexion a look that the concerned teen didn't even respond to.

/What the hell...?/

Riku took in the scene...

Zexion was sitting close to Axel and reassuring him despite being told to fuck off everytime Axel could breathe...

Riku didn't like this one bit...

Axel was breathing heavily leaning over the toilet.

Zexion was sitting on the floor of the tiny bathroom near him.

“You okay?”

“Fuck off Zexion... Havent you fucking degraded me enough?”

Zexion sighed.

“Okay Axel... I'm sorry...”

“You think because you made me throw up the pills I'll fall down at your fucking feet and see that you're amazing? I want to die... And you couldn't even let me have that...”

Zexion shook his head.

“I don't want you to die Axel... When I saw you there swallowing those pills...”

Axel stumbled to his feet.

“Yeah and I don't care...”

Axel stumbled out of the bathroom and towards the door.

Zexion stood up from the floor.

“Where are you going?”

“Out!”

“You can't go out Axel we need to get you to a hospital...”

“I am not going to a fucking hospital... And Zexion I don't know what you're taking but I liked you better when you were a prick...”

Zexion stood in front of the door blocking Axel's path.

“Zexion you'd best not give me a reason to hit you right now... Because I WILL.”

The blue haired teen braced himself and didn't move...

Axel swung full force and punched Zexion in the nose, he fell back through the door which swung open and fell onto the ground.

He reached up to his nose and looked at the blood on his hand...

It was the same colour as Axel's hair...

He was wide eyed, he knew Axel would hit him, but was still shocked by the blood on his hand...

Axel shook his head at the blood on his t shirt and went in to change, everyone moved out of his way as he moved...

Except Riku.

“So what you think you can just fucking waltz in here try to off yourself and then throw a fucking tantrum when your friends are concerned about you? It's not gonna work like that Axel...”

Axel's eyes narrowed.

“Riku... I'm in no fucking mood...”

Riku moved closer to him really getting in his face.

“And you think I fucking am! Now sit the fuck down we're going to a hospital NOW!”

Axel sat down in the shock of Riku raising his voice to him.

The silver haired teen took a deep breath.

“Look Axel... I get you're going through tough shit right now okay... But we need to get you checked out and make sure that you puked all that shit outta your system... Plus it looks like you may have broken Zexion's nose...”

He smiled slightly without intending to do so at this fact.

“Right... Is everyone here?”

“Me, Axel, Sora, Marluxia, Kairi, Roxas, Namine and Zexion... Okay, dude do we have a map anywhere...?”

The redhead sighed calmer now.

“Can I just go to one place before we leave completely?”

Riku raised an eyebrow.

“Uhm... Okay I guess... Where?”

Axel laughed humourlessly.

“A little bar in town... I have to apologise to someone...”

The silver haired teen nodded and after helping Zexion into a seat and giving him a towel to keep the blood coming from his nose at bay, he pulled off down the hill to the town.

“Right Axel we're coming up to that pub... Be quick okay?”

Axel nodded.

“Sure thing... Thanks Riku.”

The redhead waited by the side door and when Riku pulled up to the pub Axel was out even before the vehicle fully stopped...

Everyone in the van watched as Axel peeked in through the window and waved then went inside...

Riku had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.



The blonde was standing behind the bar.

“Hey... What's up...”

Axel smiled.

“I'm sorry about the other night... I was just... Stupid...”

With that he turned on Demyx and walked out through the front door...



The blonde dropped the glass he had in his hand and jumped over the bar.

He followed Axel outside and tipped him on the shoulder, Axel turned and Demyx captured his lips with his own.

Cheers escaped the windows of the camper van...

But two of its occupants watched from the windows in heartbreak, as the blondes arms found their way around the redheads neck.

Demyx pulled back slowly, looking into Axel's green eyes.

“Take me with you.”

Axel's eyes blinked in surprised and a smile broke out over his features.

“That's a crazy idea...”

His blue eyes twinkled in anticipation.

Axel turned to the camper van and all the staring eyes.

“Room for one more guys?”

All but two of the occupants of the camper van cheered.

“I guess thats a yes then...”



The blonde grinned from ear to ear then grabbed Axel's hand and ran back into the pub.

“I just gotta grab some things quickly before Xaldin gets back from lunch...”

Axel smiled at Demyx as he ran up some back stairs which Axel followed him up...

He grabbed some random items and ran back down.

“Do you live here?”

Demyx shook his head.

“Not all the time...”

The redhead shot him an odd look.

“Xaldin's my stepdad... He's really ehm... Weird about people being gay... Gayness as a general whole... Yeah... He's tried to set me up with endless local girls...”

Axel nodded in understanding.

“Hey is it okay if I stop by my house? I just gotta grab some clothes... It's only up the street.”

“Sure.”

The two ran out of the pub again and the interested crowd gathered at the window again.

“Where are they going now?”

An interested Sora asked.



Demyx opened the front door to a house with a yellow door, Axel followed him in.
“Are you sure you just want to up and leave here? You're sure you won't regret this tomorrow or a week down the line?”

Demyx opened his bedroom door and entering pulled open the closet.

He pulled out a travellers backpack and started throwing things into it, Axel laughed and started helping him.

“I promise you Axel... I won't regret this.”

The redhead smiled and kept throwing things into the backpack.

“Okay... Thats everything... I just need to grab my sitar...”

Axel raised an eyebrow.

“What's a sitar?”

Demyx grinned.

“Like a guitar... But ten times cooler!”

Axel laughed.

“Right is that everything?”

Demyx nodded he was shaking.

The redhead noticed his trembling limbs.

“What's up...? You changed your mind?”

The blonde shook his head.

“I'm just so excited... And nervous... I hope your friends will like me...”

The redhead smiled.

“They will I'm sure.”

Demyx nodded and pulled the backpack onto his back, then grabbed the sitar case.

“Okay, I'm ready!”

Axel led the way down the stairs, Demyx stopped in the hallway and scribbled a quick note.

*Mom I'm going away for a while, I'll be in touch, I promise. xxx Demyx xxx*

With that they went out of the front door and walked briskly back up the street to the campervan.

Axel opened the door and let Demyx climb in first who waved shyly.

“Everyone, this is Demyx... Demyx this is Riku, Kairi, Zexion, Sora, Namine, Roxas and Marluxia.”

Demyx blushed slightly.

“Nice to meet you all, thanks for letting me join you.”

Demyx looked out the window and spotted Xaldin in the window of the pub.

“DRIVE!!!”

Riku put his foot on the accelerator and the van surged forward sending everyone off their feet.

“Ooops... Sorry guys... Next stop the hospital!”

Demyx looked confused.

“Uhm... Why are we going to the hospital?”

Everyone pointed at Axel and Zexion.

“Oh... I see... Jeez... How did that happen?”

Zexion pointed at Axel.

“Axel! You did that!”

The redhead looked down at his trainers.

“Uhm... Yeah... But... Can I explain this to you a little later?”

Demyx was wide eyed.

“Uhm... Okay... Mental note... Do not piss Axel off!”

Axel shook his head.

“I swear to you I've never done it before and never plan to again!”

The blonde grinned.

“I believe you, you don't seem like the type...”

Zexion rolled his eyes and Riku snorted.

/Not the type? Ha... Yeah what the fuck ever... Smashed my nose up good for trying to help him... Bastard.../

/Ugh... They're so happy together... It makes me feel ill.../



Roxas whispered something to Namine then nudged Kairi to follow him into the bedroom, which she did almost immediately.

Roxas sat down on the bed and Kairi closed the door firmly after herself.

“Okay... We're heading towards the hospital now... Have you ever gotten this... Pill before?”

Kairi shook her head.

“No... I have no idea what to ask for or anything... I'm really scared...”

The door clicked open and Namine stood in the doorway, she closed the door behind herself gently.

Kairi kept her eyes firmly on the ground.

Namine sighed.

“Kairi, I'm sorry for being so angry at you... This is a ridiculious and unbelievable situation to be in and I want to help...”

The aunburn girl looked up from her shoes into her best friends eyes, she stood up and hugged her closely and burst into tears.

“Namine I'm so sorry I never meant for it to happen I thought he was Sora and just...”

She was trying to catch her breath through her tears.

Namine held her and patted her back gently.

“It's okay it's okay... I'll come in with you and we'll get this whole mess sorted out okay?”

Kairi nodded sobbing.

“You'll be okay... I promise... I had to get it once before and its fine...”

Kairi nodded as her friend held her.

“Thank you Namine... I'm so sorry!”

“It's okay... We all make mistakes... Let's just get this sorted out...”

Kairi nodded wiping the tears from her eyes.



They arrived at the hospital less than half an hour later.

Riku helped Zexion out of the van.

“You're okay... Come on...”

Axel hopped out of the van, Demyx looked at him questioningly.

The redhead sighed.

“Remember last night when I said 'thanks for my last kiss'?”

Demyx nodded slowly.

“Well... I tried to overdose when I got back here...”

The blonde was wide eyed.

“What? Why? Are you okay?”

Axel kissed his lips softly.

“Yes I'm fine... The guys just want me to get checked out is all... I puked almost immediately after taking the pills...”

Demyx nodded slightly shocked.

“I'll talk to you about it later okay?”

The blonde nodded.

“Okay...”



Once they were gone Namine walked out of the bedroom.

“I gotta go use the bathroom...”

Demyx started to speak when Marluxia stopped him.

“Dude... She barely ever uses the bathroom in here... It's just a thing she has...”

The blonde nodded looking bewildered.

Marluxia laughed a little.

“We probably seem really weird right now... But trust me you'll get used to us... By the way... What's that case you have with you?”

Demyx's face lit up.

“Oh that's my sitar!”

“You play the sitar?”

The blonde nodded proudly.

“Would you mind showing me?”

Demyx smiled and unclipped his sitar case as Kairi moved across the room and out the door.

She could hear Demyx tuning his sitar before walking into the brightly lit hospital.

/Deep breaths Kairi.../



She saw Namine standing near the reception.

“Okay... Usually you need a prescription... But they should have a family planning part to the hospital where they'll give it to you after you chat to a doctor...”

The brunette girl nodded slowly, thoughts wandering.

Namine walked up to the reception desk.

“Hello... I was just wondering if you have family planning services available in this hospital?”

Kairi watched as the woman explained the way...

She wanted to run...

Her mind created this tiny little thing inside her, with a beating heart and hands...

Namine linked her arm.

Kairi knew life wouldnt even be in existence yet...

But maybe the beginnings of it would be...

Her heart sank as Namine led her to the family planning doctors office.



“Okay... You seem to be fine Axel... Your blood is carrying a bit of the drug around your body but its harmless... You're lucky you vomited...”

Axel nodded understanding.

“How are you feeling Axel?”

The redhead shrugged.

“Pretty good actually... I'm glad I didn't succeed...”

The doctor nodded.

“Okay... Is there someone waiting for you to take you home?”

Axel nodded.

“Well my friends are waiting on me outside... But we're in the middle of a holiday travelling around the place.”

The doctor nodded.

“I see... Well take care Axel... I'd advise you to stay around your friends especially if you are feeling extremely low... But if you're all travelling around together that shouldn't be a problem.”

Axel nodded.

“Trust me... I won't be trying that again...”

The blonde haired doctor nodded.

“Glad to hear it...”

“Thanks doctor...”

“Vexen... And you're welcome.”



Kairi sat in the waiting waiting room with Namine who was flipping through a magazine...

/Is this the right thing to do.../

“Next please...”

Namine nudged Kairi.

“Do you want me to come in with you?”

Kairi shook her head and walked in to see the doctor.

“Hello... Kairi... What can I do for you?”

The brunette girl closed the door behind her.

“Uhm... I need to get the morning after pill...”

The doctor nodded looking at her with a straight face.

“Okay... Have you taken it before?”

Kairi took a seat.

“No... This is my first time...”

“Okay, we just need to take your blood pressure...”

He strapped a soft piece of material around her arm and checked.

“Your blood pressure is normal... How long ago did intercourse take place?”

“Uhm... I think it was less than 24 hours ago...”

The doctor nodded.

“It hasn't been over 72 hours?”

“Definitely not.”

“Okay then...”

He handed her a small box.

“You just need to take this once, you may experience some lower abdominal pain, but it will pass within an hour or so... Okay?”

Kairi nodded and put the box in her pocket.

“Thank you... Will I pay you... Or...?”

“You can pay the receptionist on the way out.”

“Okay thank you...”

The brunette left the doctors office and paid the lady in the small waiting room.

Namine got up and walked over to Kairi.

“So did you get it?”

She nodded.

“Okay... We'll get some water out of the vending machine and you can take it before we get back into the van okay?”

“... Okay...”

Namine put her arms around Kairi.

“It's okay... You can stop worrying now... That pill is like 99.7% effective or something really high like that.”

They approached the vending machine and Namine bought a bottle of water.

Kairi sighed and took the pill out of her pocket, she took it out of its little cardboard box...
Staring at the little silver blister packet she popped the pill out of the foil and looked at it...

Then with one movement she threw the pill into her mouth and Namine gave her the water which her washed the pill down her throat with.

Namine smiled.

“Now... It's over and done with... You can stop worrying.”

Kairi nodded her hands travelled absently to her abdomen.

/I'm sorry.../



“Oh my god! You're so awesome you know that?”

Demyx blushed as he put the sitar back into its case.

“Seriously that's so cool!”

Riku was sitting in the front seat for about twenty minutes absently playing with the keys to the van when Zexion slid the door of the van open Riku's eyes gazed over to the opening door...

Zexion's nose had some small stitches in it and when he caught sight of Marluxia and Demyx looking so irritatingly happy together he got into the front seat with Riku and instantly started pouting.

The silver haired man continued playing with the keys absent mindedly.

Zexion sighed.

“So wheres Sora at?”

Riku didn't even look at him...

“He's taking a nap... Roxas seems to be too... It's pretty quiet back there... Although how they could sleep through Demyx and Marluxia's jam session is beyond me...”

Zexion giggled a little and Riku shot him a sideways glance which made Zexion turn his giggle into clearing his throat.

“Uhm... Wanna go check out the hospital food or something...?”

“Sorry?”

“Do you wanna go check out the hospital food?”

Riku wondered what this was about...

But Sora was sleeping and he needed a break...

Sora was a handful and not quite what he'd expected...

“Sure... I'm kinda hungry anyway...”



Axel arrived back full of smiles to the camper van and Demyx grinned back at him when he arrived.

“So how did it go?”

Axel smirked.

“My suicide attempt was an epic failure... And I've never been happier!”

Demyx looked at him like he had ten heads then burst out laughing.

Marluxia shook his head at Axel and smiled.

“Don't worry Demyx you'll get used to his horrible sense of humour... Eventually...”



Namine was all smiles as they made their way back to the camper van.

“Phew... Well I'm glad thats over... Now we can go back to enjoying our holiday!”

Kairi shot Namine a sideways glance.

“Enjoying our holiday? Namine are you fucking blind? This whole things been a disaster!”

The blonde tilted her head to the side.

“Well it doesn't mean the whole thing has to be... Right?”

Kairi lifted her hand to her forehead.

“I slept with your boyfriend thinking he was mine, my boyfriend turned out to be gay, Zexion and Marluxia MUST have had a fight or something because they haven't fucked in hours, Axel tried to kill himself and I had a fucking pregnancy scare... And you expect us all just to act like THATS okay?”

Namine shrugged.

“I don't expect anyone to act like its okay... I just want everyone to try and make the best of a bad situation... Axel didn't succeed, you got the pill, me and Roxas are talking again, Zexion and Marluxia well if they broke up then this is a chance for them to meet new people and you have a chance to meet some hotties since you and Sora didn't work out! Axel picked up that Demyx guy who says you can't meet someone cute?”

Kairi sighed heavily.

“I don't think you understand me... I am not in such a good place right now after everything thats happened... I think I want to go home...”

“You can't go home Kairi! That leaves me as the only girl here!”

Kairi felt the sting of her words.

“You want me to stay not because you want me to feel better but because you'll be the only girl?!”

Namine backed off a little at Kairi's raised voice.

“That came out all wrong I'm sorry just give it a few more days and see how you feel Kairi... If you still hate it then go, if you feel thats what you need to do...”

Kairi took a deep breath and calmed down.

“I'm sorry for raising my voice Namine but my heads all over the place right now and I think I need to be alone...”

The blonde girl nodded slowly.

“Okay, well I'm here if you need me and if you want me to travel home with you I will... The last few days obviously havent been easy on you I'm sorry if I sounded insensitive... I just wanted everyone to have a good time on this trip... We've all been looking forward to it for so long and it hasn't even been a week yet...”

The brunette girl nodded.

“Okay... I'll give it another few days and if I'm still not feeling it I'll head home...”

Namine nodded.

“Okay then... How about you go get some rest then?”

Kairi nodded and sliding the door to the camper van open got inside and headed to the bedroom, when she opened the door she saw Sora and Roxas passed out cold on the bed.

“Ugh...”

Pulling a blanket out of the closet she lay on the floor and curled up in it.

/Guess I'll just see what happens.../

With that thought drifting through her mind she drifted off to sleep.



Zexion and Riku strolled into the cafe in the hospital.

“Hmmm...”

Zexion looked at all the food available behind the glass and grinned, without warning he moved close to Riku and whsipered.

“I keep looking at the menu and then at the food and honestly I can't figure out which is which...”

Riku looked at the menu and at the food on display and stifled a laugh.

He lowered his voice and whispered back.

“Tell you what... We'll both choose something off the menu and guess which one they'll dish onto the plate whoever gets it wrong pays for the food!”

Zexion took another look at the food on display.

“And if we both get it wrong?”

“We'll just pay for our own then...”

Zexion nodded and looked up at the menu.

“Hmmm... Well the curry sounds appetising... What are you going to get?”

Riku stroked his chin thoughtfully.

“I'll get the... Stew...”

Zexion raised an eyebrow.

“But they ALL look like stew!”

Riku stifled a giggle as he approached the lady serving.

“They all look the bloody same you're going to have as much trouble picking curry out of this lot...”

Zexion looked at the dishes on display.

“Hmmm... Yeah maybe you're right... Tell me why are we doing this again?”

The silver haired teen shrugged.

“Boredom?”

Zexion nodded.

“Fair enough... I'd like the curry please...”

The lady grabbed a plate and Zexion pointed subtly at the metal vat he thought was holding the curry...

Riku watched at the lady went to the other end of the counter and dished something else onto his plate.

“Damn...”

Zexion whispered.

“I was so sure that was the curry...”

The lady handed him his plate which he took and politely thanked the lady for.

Riku looked over everything behind the counter before smiling politely at the woman serving.

“I'll have the stew please...”

He pointed to a metal vat and Zexion watched as the woman moved towards it.

“No fucking way...”

And dished food out of the one beside it...

“Awww... I was so sure I was right that time... Thank you...”

He took the plate from the woman and went to the cash desk.

“I guess we're both paying for our own then...”

Zexion laughed.

“Yeah but its totally worth it... Unless we get food poisoning...”



Everyone was settling into the van again when Demyx looked around.

“Hey we're missing Zexion and Riku...”

Axel looked around.

“Maybe they're still in there getting Zexion fixed up?”

Marluxia shook his head.

“No... Riku came straigtht back out and Zexion came back too actually...”

Axel nodded.

“Sure theres no rush... Maybe they're just getting food or something...”



Riku took a mouthful of his stew and spat it straight back out.

“Holy shit...”

Zexion laughed at Riku.

“Oh come on it can't be that bad...”

Riku raised an eyebrow and pushed the plate towards him.

“Be my guest...”

Zexion poked it suspiciously with a spoon then took a small spoonful and put it into his mouth he spat it out into a tissue that was sitting on the table.

“Oh my god!”

His tongue was out of his mouth and he was wiping it with the tissue.

“It tastes like vomit!”

Riku was wide eyed before he broke down into hysterics along with Zexion.

The silver haired man wiped tears from his eyes as he caught his breath from laughing.

“So how about we try yours now?”

Zexion took his spoon in his hand and smiled.

“Only if you go first!”

Riku shook his head and took the spoon.

“Chicken!”

Zexion faked offense.

“I am not a chicken! I simply care for my health and well being!”

The silver haired teen took a tiny spoonful and put it into his mouth and shuddered.

Zexion was wide eyed and looked horrified.

“What the hell? Did you just shudder?”

Riku nodded and handed the spoon to Zexion.

“Your turn...”

The blue haired teen looked at the 'curry' suspiciously and poked it a few times, then took a deep breath and shoved a spoonful into his mouth and tightly closed his eyes and swallowed.

Riku waited for the verdict...

Zexion opened his eyes slowly.

“Actually its not all that bad...”

Riku laughed and Zexion's mouth fell open.

“You little faker!”

Riku laughed loudly as Zexion slapped his arm playfully.

The blue haired teen checked his phone absent mindedly and gasped.

“We've been here nearly an hour! We'd better get back... Unless you want to try dessert?”

Riku burst into a fit of laughter and as they got up and left Riku started to wonder about Zexion...

/He's different now... Maybe Axel's near suicide and the break up changed him...?/

Zexion shot Riku a side glance as they were walking out.

/He's so fun... I wonder why I never noticed before.../

As they walked Zexion could see him from the corner of his eye.

/He's so tall... And well built... I wonder... Oh fuck.../

Riku sighed sadly as they arrived back at the camper van.

/I wish we could have more time to hang out without everyone watching us.../

He realised what he was thinking and his face dropped.

/Oh shit.../

No comments:

Post a Comment